Decay look so cool from above. Here are some awesome drone photos of abandoned places.
My second photography hobby is about abandoned places or urbex. I have another blog called Left To Decay.com and also a ton of Flickr pictures. Check it out and follow me there if you want.
So I love abandoned places and buildings!
When I first started exploring this derelict buildings and areas from the past, no one used drones. Lately, more and more pictures appear from aerial views of abandoned, ruined and collapsed building. It is another view that is fascinating and fun to watch. Roof beams look like ribs of a skeleton, empty areas around looks like apocalyptic wastelands.
Flickr is a great source of awesome drone photos of abandoned places. I had a scroll through some of my favorite photographer’s photostreams and picked (where allowed by Flickr) 45 photos to share with you. Please follow these great photographers too, if you have a Flickr account. 🙂
The drone photo above, at the top of this page, is taken by photographer Andy Milford who has username milfodd on Flickr. Used by permission and also shown in the list below. I love how the seemingly collapsed remains of the wooden boat lie silently on top of a similar decayed dock, barge or another vessel. Many beautiful details and it makes me wonder about the history.
As one photographer wrote:
The nice thing about abandoned buildings is there isn’t any other signals to interfere with the drone.
Enjoy and share! What kind of drone pictures do you like yourself? Comment below.
1. Hudson River State Hospital
2. Gidlow Mill
3. Abandoned Nike Missile Base Site W-64
4. Petrova Gora Monument in Croatia
5. Abandoned House
6. The city of Pripyat in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone from above
7. The Abandoned village of Glentornan
8. King Parks Psychiatric Center
9. Chernobyl Port
10. Silo with vegetation
11. Halcyon Hall, Bennett College
12. Nara Dreamland
13. Mercer House
14. Pripyat Bumper Cars
15. Industrial Decay
16. Abandoned Greenhouse
17. Abandoned Cars
18. Abandoned Ship in Aspen Colorado
19. Camelot Abandoned Theme Park
20. Chateau Noisy / Miranda, Belgium
21. Abandoned children’s home- Coneywarren, Omagh
22. Hudson River State Hospital
23. Charlsen Nelson House
24. Nara Dreamland
25. “The Riddle of Altan Tower”
26. Abandoned Chatanika, Alaska gold dredge
27. Netley Abbey Ruins
28. Abandoned Amusement Park Berlin – (I’ve been here too)
29. Grafton State Hospital
30. Abandoned WA Medical Center
31. Abandoned pool
32. Wyndcliffe Mansion
33. Industrial Abandonment
34. House of the Rising
35. Abandoned Nuclear Facility
37. Abandoned ski jump, Holmen, Norway
38. Abandoned Gartloch Insane Asylum
39. Lodge Hill Barn
40. Abandoned Boat
41. The Forgotten Fleet
42. Abandoned Building in Vegetation
43. Abandoned with no Roof
44. Abandoned Church, Moscow
45. Abandoned train yard in Romania
Andreas is the founder of AirBuzz.One and several other sites. He has a passion for photography, toys, gadgets, and gizmos.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.